How to Reclaim a Hijacked Steam Account Pt 1 Steam Tutorial Series
This video explains how to recover a stolen steam account. Part 1 discusses emergency actions you need to take to secure your computer, e-mail, and steam account
Here are the instructions covered in the video.
1. Change all your passwords on your e-mails or other associated accounts linked to Steam.
Commentary: If your steam has been compromised then there’s a chance they may try to access your e-mail. Most people use the same password. A smart hacker will want to keep you from trying to recover your account for as long as possible.
2. Make sure your computer is clean of viruses and Trojan horses.
3. Go to https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php
4. Create a “Steam Support” account
Commentary: A Steam Support Account is different from your Steam account. The reason you have to create a separate account is because of security. If someone has truly hijacked your account then it isn't a good idea to use it as a way to unhijack it from a hacker.
5. Once you’ve signed in go to https://support.steampowered.com
6. Click on Steam then Account Issues then General Account Questions then Reclaiming a Hijacked Steam Account
7. Immediately click on “Contact Steam Support”
8. Fill out the report using the following information or substitute fields to fit your own situation.
How to Reclaim a Hijacked Steam Account Pt 2 Steam Tutorial
- To get to the support ticket you need to have created a steam support account and gone to https://support.steampowered.com
- Click on steam/account issues/general questions/reclaiming a hijacked steam account.
- Click on the “Contact Steam Support” button and let’s begin filling out the report.
- Product: Steam
- Category: Account Questions, Hijacked or Stolen Account
- Subject: Recovery of Hijacked Account
- Steam Account Login Name: Your account login name (not your e-mail)