Sunday, August 4, 2013

Felicia Day and My Photo Retake Quest



A few years ago I received news that I was in poor health and it made me reevaluate my life. I made a list of things that I had missed out on growing up. I decided to explore everything that I thought was too geeky, nerdy, and strange for a working professional.

Last year I decided to go to the Dallas Comic Con. I'd never been to one so I didn't know what to expect. In my life, I've treated every aspect of it as if I was an offline character in game. School, for me, was easy because each grade was just another achievement. Overcoming personal flaws or acquiring special skills proved to be an ongoing quest. I share this so you understand that for me going to Dallas Comic Con was a quest for me.

(Sketch by local artist. If you're interested I can give you his info. He lives off drawing commissions)
One of the things, I did was outline my route for 70 percent of the convention. I mapped out a handful of celebrities I would take pictures with. (I originally went because there were going to be two members of The Walking Dead TV show but they cancelled a few days before the convention. I was sad.) One of the people I picked was Felicia Day. Heck, at that time I only recognized her from Eureka. It wasn't until after we heard her talk at the conference that I became a big fan.


The Geezers make fun of me frequently because my wife jumped in between Felicia Day and I. I didn't think much about it at the time but the more I heard people describe the pic to me the more I felt like she did it on purpose. It has become a big joke at our house. Here is the picture in question.



You can clearly see that my cheek would have been close to her hair. Notice her elbow in my gut pushing me away. Oh, the missed opportunity! This posting is here today because a few of the guys were asking about her and it always gives me pause.

Be warned that I may randomly make a reference to Felicia Day as a running gag because I think she's great. For now, I am on a quest to retake the picture so that I am in the middle of the two.

For now, I will leave you with one of my favorite Felicia Day videos, "Do you want to date my avatar?"







No comments:

Post a Comment